We add coffee extract to our products from raw, green, cold-pressed coffee beans (Coffea Arabica). This super plant-based ingredient is rich in chlorogenic acid (CGA), fatty acids, ferulic acid, vitamins, and caffeine.
Coffee extract and caffeine have been found to be extremely beneficial for the skin in many ways. Coffee extract contains polyphenols and other beneficial compounds that can enhance the skin's ability to retain moisture and keep it hydrated. These properties make coffee extract and caffeine a great addition to any skincare routine. .
Coffee is rich in nourishing compounds and caffeine, which help even out skin tone and texture, restoring the skin's natural radiance. Research has shown that coffee extract made from spent coffee grounds has skin-lightening and anti-aging effects by inhibiting elastase and tyrosinase activity . Caffeine also helps improve skin radiance and promotes younger-looking skin .
Coffee extract is packed with beneficial esters, vitamins, and fatty acids, such as chlorogenic acid, that can soothe and hydrate the skin, while also building up its natural protective barrier. Daily application of coffee pulp extract has been proven to improve overall skin health, including brightness, elasticity, and spotting after just four weeks .
- Li, Y.-F., Ouyang, S.-H., Tu, L.-F., Wang, X., Yuan, W.-L., Wang, G.-E., Wu, Y.-P., Duan, W.-J., Yu, H.-M., Fang, Z.-Z., Kurihara, H., Zhang, Y., & He, R.-R. (2018). Caffeine protects skin from oxidative stress-induced senescence through the activation of autophagy. Theranostics, 8(20), 5713–5730. https://doi.org/10.7150/thno.28778
- Narayanan, A., K. S, F., Babu, G., V, N., M K, R., Abraham, A., & Babu, N. (2022). Formulation and evaluation of skin invigorating caffeine face mask. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research, 86–89. https://doi.org/10.47583/ijpsrr.2022.v75i02.014
- Ribeiro, H. M., Allegro, M., Marto, J., Pedras, B., Oliveira, N. G., Paiva, A., Barreiros, S., Gonçalves, L. M., & Simões, P. (2018). Converting spent coffee grounds into bioactive extracts with potential skin antiaging and lightening effects. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 6(5), 6289–6295. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.8b00108
- Saewan, N. (2022). Effect of coffee berry extract on anti-aging for skin and hair—in vitro approach. Cosmetics, 9(3), 66. https://doi.org/10.3390/cosmetics9030066
- Tseng, Y., Liu, C., Chan, L., & Liang, C. (2021). Coffee pulp supplement affects antioxidant status and favors anti‐aging of skin in healthy subjects. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 21(5), 2189–2199. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.14341
- Yorulmaz, A. (2019). Coffee and skin: What do we know about it? Turkiye Klinikleri Journal of Dermatology, 29(1), 31–35. https://doi.org/10.5336/dermato.2019-66044
- 崔力文, & 张加玲. (2019). 黑咖啡提取物对人皮肤成纤维细胞胶原蛋白及衰老相关基因的影响. Shipin anquan zhiliang jiance xuebao, 10(3), 710–714. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.2095-0381.2019.03.027